The Sanbona Explorer Camp
Sanbona Explorer Camp provides an immersive and unfenced experience of the San environment from Sabona Reserve. Our 2 night walking safari offers an adventurous and authentic experience as we explore the Sanbona Karoo during the day then enjoy the campfire and food of an evening. Enjoy the Sanbona Reserve where your guide will show you the animals, birding opportunities, cultural history and natural history of the area.
- The Explorer Camp operates during the summer months with the first trail in October and the last trail at the end of April
- Each trail is 2 nights with a set departure each Friday of the week
- The walking trails are hosted and guided by an armed qualified walking guide
- Distances walked vary each day but can last up to 4 hours each
- A game viewing vehicle remains in camp and depending on where guests walk that day, the trail may start from camp or depart camp by vehicle to visit another area of the reserve
- We regret that no persons younger than 16 years or older than 60 years will be able to participate. However, if a medical certificate can be provided via the client or the booking agent, exceptions to this will be allowed.